HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED WITH GTSF?
THANK YOU for Wanting to Make a Difference!
GTSF offers ELEVEN ways you can become involved in our organization and make a difference! Please peruse the various opportunities below and consider joining us at the level of commitment that suits you best!!
1. One-time event volunteer – Work one-on-one with children in need at a single GTSF shoe distribution event. Individual volunteers and/or volunteer groups come to us in many different ways often through their company, referred by a friend, signed up on-line, etc.
2. Sponsor a child to participate in GTSF programming – $25 provides support for one child to receive new shoes and socks, on-site at their school or referring organization. Can be done by simply writing a check and mailing to GTSF with “Sponsor a Student” in the memo line, or going online to www.goodietwoshoes.org, completing the info and paying via the Paypal portal. This opportunity is sometimes promoted live while at community awareness events and/or GTSF fundraising events.
3. Repeat volunteer – These are volunteers whom have volunteered at a previous event and then sign up to receive additional volunteer call notices via our website AND follow through by committing to subsequent volunteer opportunities with GTSF.
4. Gold volunteer – These are volunteers whom have volunteered with GTSF for ten or more distribution events in a single school year. They are reliable, passionate and practiced in Goodie Two Shoes distribution events.
5. Key "red shirt" volunteer – These are volunteers whom have volunteered with GTSF for a long period of time or at a significant number of GTSF events, have a firm understanding of GTSF and its mission, and particular event logistics. They are trained at various key volunteer positions and are integral to the success of distribution events and major fundraising events/efforts.
6. Funder – This is quite simply someone who wants to personally write GTSF a check to support its mission, or encourage others to do so. Funders can be individuals, groups, corporations or other funding foundations. We have easy and fun fundraising programs available for individuals, groups and corporations interested in organized ways to fundraise on behalf of GTSF!
7. Fundraising event sponsor – These are funders who support GTSF’s formal fundraising events. GTSF currently hosts two large-scale fundraising events which contribute significantly to GTSF’s overall budget, our Evening of Heart n’ Sole party (Spring) and our Back-2-School Match event (Fall).
8. Distribution event sponsor – Corporations or individuals whom directly sponsor a shoe distribution event. Typically, they provide financial support and volunteer support for the specific event they sponsor, which will outfit up to 400 children in need.
9. Committee Member – Someone whom wants to be actively involved with GTSF and work in support of GTSF’s mission. Committee opportunities vary widely and include everything from special event/fundraising event committees to governance committees.
10. Committee Chair – Someone whom has volunteered with GTSF for an extended period of time, served on one or more GTSF committees previously, fully understands the necessary logistics and event considerations, and is willing to lead, coordinate and oversee the successful execution of the defined event or project.
11. Board Member – The highest level of volunteer commitment with the Foundation. This person must believe 100% in the mission of the Foundation. They must be willing to actively advocate on behalf of the Foundation, make GTSF either their top or one of their top 3 priorities for personal tithing, engage in all Foundation activities and take an integral interest in governance and Foundation support.